Most people wish they could change at least one thing about their smile, whether that be the color of their teeth, the alignment of their teeth, their overbite, or the size of their gums. For some people, these things greatly impact their confidence and self-esteem, while others might think of them as a minor inconvenience. Whatever the case may be, there are many options available to improve the appearance of your smile.
At Trillium Dental, we offer a combination of restorative and cosmetic dental treatments to help patients get their dream smile. And the best part is, it’s all customizable! Learn more about our smile makeovers below, and contact us today to book an appointment at one of our eight dental clinics across Ottawa.
Cosmetic Dental Treatments
When patients come to us for a smile makeover, they are usually interested in two or more cosmetic dental treatments. For example, it is very common for patients to want straighter, whiter teeth, so our dentists perform both types of treatment in one appointment. In this case, we’ll get you fitted for Invisalign® trays, or “clear braces,” in addition to providing a professional teeth whitening treatment. We also offer take-home teeth whitening kits, so we can provide those for patients who prefer to whiten their teeth from the comfort of their own bed or couch. Here are a few of the other cosmetic dental treatments we are able to offer as part of our smile makeovers:
- Porcelain veneers. Dental veneers are a great option for patients who want to improve both the color and shape of their teeth. These wafer-thin tooth veneers can be placed on top of the natural teeth to create a more desirable look. They cover up tooth stains, cracks, and chips, and they can be customized to your ideal tooth shape.
- Inlays/onlays. Inlays and onlays are often used as a more aesthetic alternative to traditional metal tooth fillings. These white fillings are made out of porcelain that matches the color of your surrounding natural teeth, so they integrate well while providing strong and durable reinforcement.
- Dental bonding. Dental bonds are a versatile cosmetic dental treatment that can be used to cover up tooth stains, fill cavities, and reduce gaps between the teeth. Dental bonding allows cosmetic dentists to integrate other treatments, like dental veneers, inlays, and onlays with the natural teeth seamlessly.
- Gum contouring. Many people have what is commonly referred to as a “gummy smile,” which is when your gums rest lower on your teeth and make them appear shorter. Our dentists can sculpt your gums to reveal more of your teeth while evening out the gumline. This cosmetic dental treatment is non-invasive with very little swelling and bleeding. In fact, there is hardly any downtime required after a gum contouring procedure.
Restorative Dental Treatments
In many of our smile makeovers, one or more restorative dental treatments are combined with cosmetic treatments to create a perfect smile. Sometimes, patients come to us with a tooth that has been knocked out due to an injury or tooth decay. When a tooth cannot be fixed with a cavity filling, dental bond, or any other minor restoration, often a tooth replacement is required. Here are the restorative dental treatments we can include in our smile makeovers:
- Root canals. Root canal procedures are performed when a patient has a tooth that is infected, which results in persistent toothaches, tooth sensitivity, tooth discoloration, and even missing teeth in extreme cases. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, you might need to have a root canal incorporated into your smile makeover so that the infected tooth can be fully restored.
- Dental crowns. Once the root canal is complete and the infected “pulp” of the tooth has been removed, your dentist will “cap” the tooth with a white dental crown. This technique is both restorative and cosmetic, as it protects the brittle tooth from becoming damaged while providing a beautiful porcelain covering that looks perfectly natural.
- Dental bridges. If a patient has a missing tooth or a severely damaged tooth that cannot be restored, a dental bridge may be necessary. A dental bridge refers to a partial denture with one or more dental implants that are permanently screwed into the underlying jawbone. These implants look and function like real teeth, restoring functionality and aesthetics to your smile.
Book A Smile Makeover At One Of Our Dental Clinics In Ottawa
Now that you know a little more about our smile makeovers, we invite you to reflect on your smile. If you could change anything about your mouth, what would it be? Would you have perfectly straight teeth? Would your teeth be free of coffee stains and tooth cracks? Would you fill in that missing tooth that got knocked out during a soccer game? Whatever the case, our dentists are here to give you the beautiful smile you deserve. Contact us today for more information, or book an appointment at one of our dental offices in Ottawa.